School safety, standing up for parential rights, transparency in the budget, school choice, and assess standards on "No Child Left Behind".
The right approach to blended instruction support.
Full support of charter and homeschool education.
Increase Mental Health assistance.
A daughter, wife and mother. Colorado Native of 53 years.
Active community leader.
Part of education for
This seat serves for 6 years, unpaid. Yes, this is a volunteer position to serve the public. If elected by the people, you are able to serve for 2 terms, 12 years in total. This seat is crutial for education and Colorado. Whoever wins will shape the direction of the State Board of Education for the next 20 years. My win will redirect the radical movement going on in the classrooms, including the endoctrination of our children and removing certain history from education. It is time to take back education in our state. Outside interest groups no longer have a place in our childrens' education.
Join me and thousands of others to say, enough is enough. I ask for your Vote and support.
1. Budget. Dispersing of federal and state funds for education to the individual county boards.
2. Curriculum Review
3. Teacher certification/recertification
1. I am standing up for the children, and parents. Education should never be about the teachers union and following their "agenda". It is time for the parents to have a voice and make the decisions for their child(ren).
2. I have a background of finance and budgeting in my life careers. 2/3 of the responsibilites of the board is to stay within budget and distribute funds appropriately.
3. Education should NEVER be about politics. It should always be about the children, their future, and the future of Colorado.
4. I am an enormous supporter of vocational and hands-on learning experiences. This needs to be expanded statewide.
5. We need to address literacy and make sure that all 3rd graders are reading and writing at grade level and beyond. Cursive writing also needs to be brought back into our curriculum.
6. I stand behind charter schools, home schools, public and private education. Every child learns differently and all of these choice school options should be available.
7. I will support teachers with the expansion of continuing education classes.
8. I support re-opening our schools 100%, with putting certain safety procautions into place to protect the health and well-being of our students, teachers, and staff.
1. Last year the legislatures revised the "READ ACT", allowing more money into the program. The ultimate goal of this program is to have school children literate in reading and writing by the end of 3rd grade. The technique uses evidence based learning to help the teachers and students perform better in the classroom. I fully support this bi-partisan, 100% vote from the 2019 legislatures and will move forward with the implementation of this program.
2. The CDE has not reviewed their Mental Health policy since 2007. A lot has happened since then, and this needs to be a priority with the new board. Currently, it is the responsibility of the school nurse, counselor, psychologist and social worker to help these children. I feel many children are "falling through the cracks", and new policies need to be in place to protect these kids. We also need to look closer at those with special needs, and make sure they are receiving the right support to help with their education.
It is time for change in Jefferson and Adams Counties, & the State of Colorado. It is time to put KIDS FIRST. It is time to re-evalute how we teach, why we teach, and what we teach. And, it is time for the CDE to become more transparent with the Three C's... Cost, Curriculum, & Credentialing.
Nancy for Kids
Copyright © 2020 Nancy for Kids - All Rights Reserved.
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Nancy Pallozzi for
state board of education
P.O. Box 260014; Lakewood, CO 80226
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder